Nathan (Nath) has always had a passion for the ocean. Growing up in a small country town on the beach, his life revolved around being in the water.
- Discipline: Iron man, board, swim
- Date of Birth: 08/09/1992
- Birthplace: Lennox Head
- Nickname: Nath
- Sporting Idol: Nathan Smith, Michael Klim, Jan Frodeno
- Favourite Quote: “Just Keep Smiling” "Always look for the smallest opportunity, as it can grow into such a right future."
- Biggest challenge: Not getting caught up in factors you can’t control. Achieved by keeping the process simple and enjoying every moment .
- Instagram Account: @nath__gray
He was born and raised in Northern NSW, at a place called Lennox Head. From a pretty young age he developed a passion to strive to make the top of whatever sport he was taking part in and over the years that ended up being surf lifesaving and IronMan racing.
When he was young he found himself balancing health issues most of the time; and his family put him into swim lessons to try and help him overcome some of these problems. Spending a lot of time swimming up and down a pool, coupled with being a stoked out little Grom surfing all the time, lead him into doing nippers and then through the ranks as he got older into IronMan racing.
Over the 2017-2018 season he kicked off with a 5th in the 42km Coolangatta Gold IronMan race. He competed as part of the professional Nutri-grain IronMan serieswhere he ranked 10th overall and placed a podium finish of 3rd in round 3.
Nath has a Bachelor’s Degree of Sport and Exercise Science and completed his Masters in Occupational Therapy.
His goal in life has always been to push his body's limits. He has a huge interest in trying to understand what the body is capable of and wants to be able to get the best out of himself both within and outside of sport.
At the end of the day when racing is over and the training is done, he wants to have a better understanding of his own health and wellbeing and ultimately become a good role model for the future generations to look up to.
The 2018/19 season’s so far has seen him take a win in the Team Open Ocean Man Relay Title at The World Titles in Adelaide. Unfortunately due to health reasons, he had to retire early from the Coolangatta Gold Long Course but continues to challenge in the professional IronMan series throughout the Summer.
"Always look for the smallest opportunity, as it can grow into such a right future." - Nath Gray
- 3 x Australian Open IronMan finalist
- 3rd Kellogg's Nutri Grain IronMan Series – Round 3
- 1st Open Restricted Surf Race Qld 2018
- 3rd Open Surf Race Qld 2018
- 5th Open IronMan Qld 2018
- 7th Open Australia Surf Race 2018
- 1st Open Short Course Coolangatta Gold 2015
- 2 x 5th Place Open Coolangatta Gold Long Course
- 8th World IronMan Final 2014