FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS $100 OR OVER*
15 Reasons to Love Swimming
Whether you’re in it for fitness or for fun, swimming provides plenty of reasons to get in the water. Here are just a few...
- It’s perfect for every swimming personality, whether you’re a social swimmer who loves a swim and a gossip with friends or a solitary swimmer who prefers to switch off and swim solo.
- There’s enough choice to keep you from becoming bored. Aqua-jogging, sprint work, water aerobics, fitness drills, training aids; every swimming session can be different, allowing you to beat boredom and stay motivated.
- You can work out as hard or gently as you like, making it perfect for competitive swimmers and beginners alike.
- Being immersed in water is a great stress reducer and allows you to relax, escape reality and switch off from the rest of the world.
- A low impact sport, swimming is easy on the joints, making it suitable for every age and stage of life.
- Swimming release feel-good hormones called endorphins into the bloodstream, leaving you with a natural post-workout high.
- It’s a great all-round body workout. In fact, a medium-paced half hour of freestyle swimming burns up to 255 calories.
- It’s a year-round activity. There’s no need to get cold and wet in order to stay fit during winter. Just nip to your nearest indoor swimming pool and enjoy a workout in the warm, relaxing water.
- It can save you life!
- Swimming skills open the door to a wealth of other exciting water-based sports such as surfing, diving and water-skiing.
- It’s fun for all the family – from babies to grandparents, swimming is a great social activity for all age groups.
- You can swim wherever there’s a pool (or ocean or lake), making it a great way to keep fit while on holiday.
- It provides an all-over body workout.
- You can target specific problem areas using training aids such as pullbuoys (great for arm work) and kickboards (great for leg work).
- It’s a great way to maintain your fitness during pregnancy and beyond.
Passionate about swimming, like us? Visit our Facebook page to tell us your reasons for hitting the pool.
Swim Brothers Collaboration
Changing the tide for Men when it comes to learning to swim and beach safety skills.
Starlight Super Swim Challenge 2021
As part of its third annual Super Swim challenge, Starlight Childrens Foundation (Starlight) is encouraging Australian's around the country to make a positive splash to give back to sick kids.