Thomas Gallagher (Tommy) competes in both surf lifesaving and para-swimming, currently pursuing his goals to win a medal at the Tokyo 2020ne Para-Olympics. Tommy suffers from cerebral palsy, which allows him to compete in the Paralympics.
Prior to his transition to swimming Tommy had achieved a range of results in both short course and long course racing in surf sports. Originally from Western Australia, Tommy moved to the Gold Coast to train under Surf Life Saving Coach Michael King, and has represented the Currumbin Vikings for the past two years.
We look forward to seeing his results in Tokyo.
Surf Life Saving
- 1st Open and U19 ironman WA 2018
- 1st U19 board relay Aussies 2018
- 3rd U19 ironman Aussies 2018
- 1st Open Short Course Coolangatta Gold 2018
- Dean Mercery Memorial Trophy Winning 2019
- SOS Surf Race Winner 2020
- 400m freestyle unofficial world record/Official Australian record
- 200m freestyle unofficial world record/Official Australian record
- 50m freestyle Australian record
- 2020 QLD state Para Champion of the meet.