Extremely focused at a young age, swimming suited Tom Hauck from the moment he started racing as an 8-year-old.
- Discipline: 100m, 200m Backstroke, 200m, 400m Individual Medley, 200m Freestyle
- Date of Birth: 06/01/2003
- Birthplace: Gold Coast
- Nickname: Tomahawk
- Sporting Idol: Unsure.
- Favourite Quote: “Do not act like you have ten thousand years to throw away. Be good for something while you live and it is in your power” Marcus Aurelius
- Biggest challenge: Breaking onto the Australian senior Team.
- Instagram Account: @tomtomahauwkhauck
Swimming in a highly competitive age-group that boasts multiple Australian Age record-holders, Tom has produced outstanding results while representing his school’s swim club on the Gold Coast. In just 4 years, he has accumulated 33 Australian Age Championship podiums, 16 of them Gold.
Tom Hauck has broken 6 National Age records across a variety of events, narrowly missing several others. He regularly races Freestyle, Backstroke and Individual Medley, specializing in 200 and 400s. In 2018, Tom was the youngest male to be selected in the Australian Junior team to race at the Junior Pan Pacific Championships in Fiji. He then went on to compete in Budapest at the 2019 World Juniors, winning a Bronze medal in the 4x200m Freestyle relay.
Despite being still very young in terms of senior swimming, Tom is already taking major steps towards breaking onto the Australian Senior Team having won two National Open Titles at the National Short Course Championships in 2019. He hopes to become an Australian Dolphin in the future and compete at the highest level for many years.