Lani originally began competing at 7 years old and found a passion for swimming butterfly and at her first State Championships, aged 11, she won a bronze medal in the 100m.
- Discipline: 400m, 800m 1500m Freestyle
- Date of Birth: 6/06/2002
- Birthplace: Kogarah, Sydney
- Nickname: Lanye, LP
- Sporting Idol: Katie Ledecky, Jess Ashwood
- Favourite Quote: “Hope isn’t a strategy”
- Biggest challenge: No severe physiological challenges but mental health is such a big thing in Sport. Having dealt with different circumstances successfully makes Lani beyond proud.
- Instagram Account: @lanipallister
In 2015 Lani accidently entered the 800m freestyle at a qualifying meet and her new journey started in the distance freestyle scene.
After dropping time year after year, Lani was selected to represent Australia in 2017 at the World Junior Championships in Indianapolis at the tender age of 15, she came 8th in the 800m Freestyle and 10th in the 1500m Freestyle.
The next year, Lani represented Australia for the 2nd time at the Junior Pan Pacific Games in Fiji. She won Gold in the 400m, 800m and 1500m Freestyle breaking the Championship record in the 1500m. Lani also won Silver in the 200m Freestyle and both Freestyle relays.
In 2019, Lani turned 17 and narrowly missed making the Senior Team for the World Championships. As a consolation, she was selected for her last Junior Australian Team travelling to Budapest to compete in World Junior Championships. Lani excelled by breaking 3 Championship Records across the distance Freestyle events, winning 3 Gold and won Silver in the 200m Freestyle and both Freestyle relays.
As Australian Record Holder for 1500m Freestyle, making a senior team is a major goal for Lani and her road to Commonwealth Games in 2022 is looking extremely bright.